The most versatile film budgeting software on the market, Showbiz Budgeting allows you to actualize your film budget at the detail level, and display your actuals in column format alongside the original.
The most flexible film budgeting software for features, TV, commercials and web projects.
Showbiz Budgeting allows production accountants, production managers and independent producers to create all types of budgets for feature film, TV, commercial, music video, web series and corporate video projects. But it’s not just a simple film budgeting program. Unlike other production budgeting products on the market, this one actualizes, so you can see exactly what you’ve spent and how it affects your overall commercial, TV or film budget.
Built-in tools allow you to track purchase orders, petty cash envelopes, payroll and more elements that impact your film budget. When production is complete, Showbiz Budgeting stays with you, delivering the production reports you need to make your wrap package look sharp. This is the first and last film budgeting program you’ll ever need.
Includes the most versatile set of budget templates ANYWHERE: Dozens of studio feature film and TV budget formats including Universal, Sony, Paramount, and more. Plus AICP and AICE forms for commercials, indie feature film budget templates, reality TV, corporate video, live event, documentary, live theater and even still photography budgets.
WHAT’S NEW & IMPROVED IN SHOWBIZ BUDGETING
- App is now 64-bit and runs natively on Apple Silicon or Intel Macs. Supports MacOS Ventura and Dark Mode
- Includes the the AICP Integrated Bid Form
- Applied Credits can be effectively managed from Summary page, allowing you to enter and automatically calculate credits from multiple production incentive programs simultaneously.
- New “My Reports” feature. Allows saving frequently used report settings for re-use.
- Accounts on the Budget Tab can now be easily repositioned.
- Macros for Title Grids now available (date, time, filename etc).
- Total, Included and Excluded columns now available in SubGroups manager.
- Handy ‘Where Used’ button in SubGroups manager.
- Chart of Accounts now offers option to hide inactive accounts.
- New CSV export option for Budgets and Vendor Database.
- Can now import expenses from PEX™ purchase cards.
- Globals can now be used in Formula values, as well as inserted in to Account names and Summary text by enclosing in brackets, e.g. [MU]
- Percentage values can now be entered in Accumulator columns.
Fringes, Globals, Sub-groups
These time-saving film budgeting tools are made simple with Showbiz Budgeting. Just point and click to make lightning-fast adjustments to your entire commercial or film budget on the fly.
Allows a budget to be split up into distinct segments for different budget scenarios. You can have multi-city or multi-country budget comparisons for your film or TV show. Great for incentives.
Each film budget contains actuals as well as estimates, making it easy to see how your final costs compare to your original estimates.
Purchase Order System
Keep track of your production POs during and after filming with the Purchase Order System. As actual production cost items are entered, Showbiz Budgeting tallies the charges against each PO, which can be printed or emailed to your vendor throughout the course of making your film, or throughout the year for commercials.
Petty Cash System
The Petty Cash system helps you keep track of petty cash envelopes and all PC expenses during production. You can record cash transfers to and from the bank, or between envelopes. Running subtotals for each line number are always visible, and PC expenses are instantly plugged into the actual.
You can enter unlimited individual production cost items from your film on each line. Detail can be entered for the estimated side or actual side. Actual details record whether the charge is a check, credit card, invoice, timecard or petty cash.
All reports can easily be made into a PDF. In addition to printing your film’s Budget Summary, Accounts and Details, Showbiz Budgeting can print detailed reports including: Production Cost Reports and Calendars, Petty Cash Reports, Petty Cash Envelopes, Purchase Order Logs and more.
You can import film budgets from Movie Magic Budgeting, as well as actuals from Point Zero and Powerbid. Also import a payroll file, or import your film and TV timecard files directly from Showbiz Timecards.
Mac: Requires an Intel, M1, or M2 Mac running MacOS 10.14 Mojave or higher (including Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, and Ventura.)
Windows: Requires a PC running Windows 7 or higher.