As filming restarts in the face this unprecedented pandemic with sweeping impacts on businesses and daily lives around the world, we remain a COVID information resource for production and their crews.
On this page, we will keep you posted on the latest legislation and COVID resources to help you and your crew navigate these challenging times. We appreciate your patience as we work with state and federal offices to bring you the best guidance currently available at all times. This page is updated regularly.
- Keeping Production Payroll Paperless During COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- CARES Act
- Notices for Employers To Post / Distribute
- State Production Guidelines for COVID-19
- State Unemployment Offices
- Bald Eagle Cam – Just Because They’re Adorable
Keeping Production Payroll Paperless During COVID-19
To support social distancing and to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, we are trying to eliminate paper exchange. To that end:
- Please submit all payroll and receive all invoices via our Client Portal.
- Have your crew sign up for free ACH Deposit.
- Consider using TiM, a paperless onboarding service that’s free with payroll.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The FFCRA was signed into law March 18, and created an emergency expansion of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and emergency Paid Sick Leave (PSL), which can be used separately or in combination for qualifying scenarios. Our full summary of FFCRA can be found here.
This Act also requires employers to post and/or send this Employee Rights Notice to employees.
The sweeping stimulus package called the CARES Act was signed into law March 27. The $2.2 trillion bill contains a multitude of programs, several of which apply to small businesses (under 500 employees). Get our complete summary of the Act and its small business programs here.
The complete text of the CARES Act can be found here.
Notices for Employers To Post / Distribute
State Production Guidelines for COVID-19
As states reopen for production, most are putting together COVID-19 guidelines for filmmakers to follow on set.
State Unemployment Offices
Links to state unemployment resources employees, including online applications for filers.