As filming has restarted in the face of the pandemic, we remain a COVID-19 information resource for production and their crews.
On this page, we will keep you posted on the latest legislation and COVID resources to help you and your crew produce content safely. We appreciate your patience as we work with state and federal offices to bring you the best guidance currently available at all times. This page is updated regularly.
- Keeping Production Payroll Paperless During COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- CARES Act
- California COVID-19 Supplemental PSL
- California SB1159: Production Reporting Responsibilities for an Outbreak
- Notices for Employers To Post / Distribute
- State Production Guidelines for COVID-19
- State Unemployment Offices
Keeping Production Payroll Paperless for Safety
To support social distancing and to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, we are trying to eliminate paper exchange. To that end:
- Please submit all payroll and receive all invoices via our Client Portal.
- Have your crew sign up for free ACH Deposit.
- Consider using TiM, a paperless onboarding service that’s free with payroll.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The FFCRA was signed into law March 18, 2020 and created an emergency expansion of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and emergency Paid Sick Leave (PSL), which can be used separately or in combination for qualifying scenarios. Our full summary of FFCRA can be found here.
This Act also requires employers to post and/or send this Employee Rights Notice to employees.
The sweeping stimulus package called the CARES Act was signed into law March 27, 2020. The $2.2 trillion bill contains a multitude of programs, several of which apply to small businesses (under 500 employees). Get our complete summary of the Act and its small business programs here.
The complete text of the CARES Act can be found here.
CA Executive Order SB1159: COVID-19 Reporting Requirements and Workers’ Comp Claims
On September 17, 2020, California’s SB1159 was signed into law creating COVID-19 presumptions for workers’ compensation claims. Details on production reporting requirements and specific time obligations can be found at the full article here.
Notices for Employers To Post / Distribute
State Production Guidelines for COVID-19
As states reopen for production, most are putting together COVID-19 guidelines for filmmakers to follow on set.
State Unemployment Offices
Links to state unemployment resources employees, including online applications for filers.