Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I get my W-2 when filing for my taxes?

You should receive your W-2 in the beginning of the year. If you have not received your W-2 by late February please contact our W-2 department at 310 471 9386 or email them at The fax number for the W-2 department is 310 254 1700.

2. What can I do if I need my W-2 reissued?

Contact the Tax Department hotline at 310 471 9386.

3. Can I change my W-4 withholdings with Media Services?

We can send you a W-4 ourselves; however, we strongly recommend that you request it from your production to avoid any check processing mishaps. Our clients review the withholdings for the employees. If they are not made aware of changes, they may return a check to be voided by mistake. Download W-4 Here

4. Why was I taxed from two states on my paycheck?

Employee’s earnings are subject to withholding in both the resident state as well as work state. If this happens, the employee will be paying the higher of the two states. For example, if an employee lives in California, but works in North Carolina and California tax is higher than the North Carolina tax, North Carolina taxes will be withheld in full and California taxes are withheld for the difference.

5. Who can I talk to if my check states there is a tax levy?

You can contact the Garnishments Department at 310 471 9364.

6. Change address for my W-2, how will this affect payroll companies I have been paid under?

The Media Services Tax Department issues those documents and you may call the hotline at 310 471 9386 for any questions regarding this.