loading animation Loading...

Important Year End Information

Your Form W-2 will be mailed to the address shown on your payslip.
Please examine your most recent payslip to verify that the address is correct. If not, please update your address as soon as possible.

If needed, change your W-2 mailing address on file here.

Social Security card and payroll name must match.
If the name on your paycheck does not match the name on your Social Security card, your earnings may not be credited to you. If you are currently using a name that does not match your Social Security card, due to marriage, divorce, legal name change, citizenship change, or for any other reason, you need to obtain from the Social Security Administration a new Social Security card with your correct name.  You can obtain a new Social Security card by filing a Form SS-5, by mail, with the Social Security Administration.  The Form SS-5 and the address to which it must be mailed are available on the Social Security Administration’s web site at SocialSecurity.gov.

Form W-2
Your W-2 Forms will be mailed to your home address, as shown on your last paycheck of the year, by the end of January. We cannot issue early W-2s and ask for your cooperation to adhere to this policy. 

Requesting Duplicate Form W-2
If you do not receive your W-2 by February 15, you should submit a Reprint request which can be submitted at mediaservices.com.

All Reprint request forms will be processed as quickly as possible after receipt of the completed form.  Please allow three business days for your request to be processed.


Form W-4 for the new year: Employees claiming Exempt withholding must file a new form.
If you claimed withholding exempt status on last year’s Form W-4, the exempt status will expire for payrolls after December 31.  You have a six week grace period ending February 15 to submit to payroll a new Form W-4 claiming withholding exempt status again. If a new Form W-4 is not filed by February 15, the payroll companies are required under the IRS regulations to change your allowances to “zero” and your filing status to “Single” until a new Form W-4 is received.

Payroll Withholding Tax Rates for 2021:

The Social Security tax, Medicare tax, VPDI, and SDI are withheld from annual earnings, commencing with the first payroll of each year.  The 2018 earnings limits and withholdings rates are:

Social Security Tax

  1. Wage Base: $142,800.00
  2. Rate: 6.2%
  3. Maximum deduction: $8,853.60

Medicare Tax                                  

  1. Wage base: No wage limit.
  2. Rate: 1.45%
  3. Employee Medicare tax rate increases 0.9% (from 1.45% to 2.35%) on wages paid over $200,000.00 in a calendar year.

California State Disability Insurance (SDI) FOR Year 2021:

  1. Wage base: $128,298.00, Rate: 1.2% (0.012)
  2. Maximum deduction for year: $1,539.58 ($128,298.00 x 1.2% = $1,539.58)