Loading...
Blog

Michigan Production Incentive Safe – For Now, Says Detroit Free Press

Original publish date: July 7, 2014

Michigan’s production incentive got a measured vote of confidence last week in the form of a $50 million allotment in the state’s 2015 budget, keeping incentive spending on par with the previous two years. That’s up from the $25 million cap that had been applied by Governor Rick Snyder in 2011, much to the chagrin of the local film community.

A recent article in the Detroit Free Press, which quotes Media Services production incentives expert Verlette Franck, details the delicate state of affairs for Michigan’s incentive plan going forward. The tax credit which lured such big-ticket projects as the upcoming Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice will face a new hurdle when its biggest advocate, Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville (R-Monroe) leaves the state legislature at the end of the year due to term limits.

“The fact that now they have $50 million per fiscal year and it’s really easy to apply for the Michigan incentives, I definitely think it’s increased the state’s competitiveness,” said Franck when consulted for the article.

For more information about incentives for Michigan or other U.S. states, you can contact Franck at 310 471 9326 or verlettef@mediaservices.com.


SHARE ON
Facebook Icon For Sharing Twitter Icon For Sharing LinkedIn Icon For Sharing Email Icon For Sharing

Most recent posts

SB1159 Update: Reporting COVID-19 Outbreaks on Production – Employer Responsibilities

November 20, 2020

AFM 2020 Roundup: Film Incentives Panel Takes the Virtual Stage

November 20, 2020

Esports Business Summit 2020 Roundup