This week, L.A. County issued an ordinance reinstating the COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave, as well as broadening the scope.
Below is a quick refresher for production company employers on the original parameters, along with what’s new for crew members.
- Now applies to employers of ALL sizes – it is no longer only applicable only to employers with over 500 employees
- Applies to both incorporated and unincorporated areas of L.A. County
- There is no paystub printing requirement
- A full-time crew employee receives 80 hours (at an amount equal to the highest average pay over a two-week period between 1/1/20-4/28/20)
- A part-time employees receives the average of two weeks’ pay over the period 1/1/20-4/28/20
- If COVID hours were already used by an employee under FFCRA or any other COVID ordinance, they do not receive more hours
- Caps are $511/day and $5,110 in the aggregate
Please note: the ordinance applies retroactively to January 1, 2021 with no current expiration date. This means there is no gap in an employees’ coverage since the expiration of the original ordinance on December 31, 2020.
Questions on this or other payroll issues? Reach out to us here.